Low Pressure (LP) Foambag Stop-Off
Foambag offers a fast, efficient method of shutting down distribution mains for a wide range of maintenance applications
and mains abandonment projects. Foambag is more than a foam, it is a shutdown system that is purpose built for natural
gas industry maintenance operations.
In its standard form, Foambag shutdowns are achieved by introducing a special fabric bag into a main, either using a
standard open-hole technique, or using an ALH Gas-Free* tapping system. Foam is mixed in a plastic container, poured
into a special timed release cartridge gun and pumped into the Foambag. The foam swells to fill the bag and then
oozes out through the special semi-porous surfaces of the bag to roll any fluids, including water, out of the way.
It then combines with any loose debris and bonds to the pipe walls. This produces a 100% shutdown in a predetermined
short length of main in less than 30 minutes.
- Foambag uses dramatically different foam from any previously supplied to the gas industry.
- The system facilitates mains shutdowns when used in combination with PLCS Stop-Off Bags.
- Foambag provides sectioning for dead insertion during upgrade projects.
- Foams offer control of PCBs in abandoned mains.
- Close tolerance branch main abandonment shutdowns.
- Foams provides sectioning during Lyontec Live Mains Insertion (see separate literature).