Technical Sales Associate
PLCS, LLC a family orientated manufacturer / distributor who has supplied the natural gas distribution utility industry with
leak repair products and specialized tools since 1980. Our products include pipeline leak sealing solutions, specialty tools,
pipe cutting equipment, hot tapping machines and polyethylene pipe products. Our markets are local gas and water utilities
View our website to get to know us at www.plcsusa.com.
Our company is experiencing rapid growth and we are seeking a full-time Technical Sales Associate to support daily
operations. This role includes servicing, identifying, qualifying, and engaging existing customers in the evaluation
of PLCS products. Technical Sales activities are completed via email, phone and direct customer meetings. Our
consultative sales approach involves understanding the customer wants and apply PLCS products to meet their needs.
Combine your technical, business, and professional knowledge to spur innovation to enhance service to existing
products and create new ones. Use your business acumen, opportunity recognition, perseverance, and customer
skills to take our growing company to the next level.
Other aspects of the job include:
- On the job, you will learn the skills, and abilities needed to eventually excel in leadership roles by gaining a comprehensive knowledge of the utility distribution industry and our line of leak sealing and mechanical products.
- Training incudes hands-on product learning, front office inside sales, production warehouse work and light travel with the sales manager.
- A familiarity with engineering and pipe terminology, a plus.
- Must have a general mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
- Be a "jack of all trades."
- Work daily with administrative office, sales, production, warehouse and management personnel.
- Develop proficient product knowledge, assist with orders and communicate effectively with customers by responding to emails, phone inquiries and in person.
- Travel within the tri-state area to perform hands-on product demonstrations and PowerPoint presentations.
- Must be willing to learn.
- 2 or 4 year degree
- Technical sales experience a plus
- Microsoft Office familiarity
- Work experience in gas / water utilities helpful, but not required
- Clean Valid Driver's License
Interested candidates send resume to Joe Tete.
- Opportunity for advancement
- Competitive compensation
- Typical work hours 8:15 - 5:00pm M-F.
- Medical, dental ,401k with company contribution, holidays off
- Vacation accrual in the first year
- Casual work environment