Gas distribution systems often include special fittings, with widely varying dimensions that were made by local foundries and fabricators. When one of these fittings leak, PLCS will design and manufacture a Special Encapsulation Mold to seal the leak.
Encapsulation offers the easiest simplest and least expensive method for repairing a special fitting. Often it is the only way. The cost and disruption of a cutout are usually prohibitive.
- PLCS Special Encapsulation Molds can usually be made and shipped within 24 hours.
- They are supplied with constraints to control the shape of the finished encapsulation and place encapsulant where it is required, around the potential leakage points.
- The fitting is completely encapsulated in a tough, flexible synthetic rubber that is permanently adhered to it.
- Specials measurement guides are available from PLCS upon request.
- Email or phone your measurements to PLCS and we will custom make a Special Mold to fit exactly.
Training: PLCS strongly recommends that customers begin their encapsulation program by sealing low-pressure bell joints. only they can then progress to higher pressures, couplings and other joints and then specials. Only experienced encapsulators should install specials. Field technicians are available for on-site instruction and supervision.