The lightweight pneumatically powered cutter has been specifically designed to quickly and safely make both longitudinal and circumferential cuts in iron and steel pipe, consequently allowing a window to be cut from the pipe wall to gain access to a previously inserted pipe.
Longitudinal Cutter Module
Circumferential Cutter Module
Cuts pipe sizes from 2″ diameter and larger with a maximum wall thickness up to 0.787 inches.
(Standard unit handles 4″-8″ diameters and cuts a 16″ long window. Optional components needed for other pipe & window sizes)
- Cuts steel, iron, and plastic.
- Accuracy of cut controlled with a digital depth gauge.
- Makes longitudinal (axial) cuts from 10″ to 24″.
- Cutting time: Approximately 30-45 minutes to cut a complete window.
- Proprietary cold-cutting non-sparking HSS blades (average blade life +/- 30 ft).
- Safety: Fully enclosed blade and air supply controlled by “dead-mans” handle.
- Compact design: Only 5½” clearance required around pipe.
- Low air consumption, requiring a minimum of 32 CFM at pressures up to 100psi.
- Unit supplied complete with an air filter/lubricator.
- Optional Ultrasonic Meter: Uses sound waves to measure the pipe wall thickness when unknown. The operator can accurately set the depth gauge avoiding damage to the inserted pipe.
Dimensions and Weight:
Longitudinal Module: 28lbs, 26″ long x 12 ¾” wide x 5½” high (without depth gauge)
Circumferential Module: 20lbs, 14″ long x 5½” wide x 5½” high.