Safe T Stopper
The Safe-T-Stopper is specifically designed to allow for open-gut, pipe tees, street tees and No Blow service tee stopping or tee removal without the hazardous release of natural gas.
10 to 15-minute operation.
How does it work?
- The tool attaches a ball valve on top of the tee and creates a seal under the cap or around the plug.
- Remove the cap or plug.
- To stop the gas:
- Option 1 – Insert rubber stopper below the branch.
- Option 2 – Screw-in a self-tapping plug into the main at the base of the tee.
The tee can now be abandoned or renewed according to company procedures.
It’s that easy!
Use On These Tees
- No Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) needed
- Reduced excavation
- Reduced labor cost
- Reduced permitting
- Minimal training
- Closed tooling system eliminates exposure to gas
- Lightweight, durable and safe
Ease of Use
- One worker operation
- Remove or replace service tees in minutes
- Only one 9/16″ wrench required
Video #1: Tees with Caps Operation
Homemade Tee (3000BV and 2500BV)
Video#2: Tees with Plugs Operation
(Street Tee or Standard Tee on a Nipple)
Video #3: Mueller Tee without Completion Plug
Video #4: 100 PSI Tool for Cap and Plug Tees
Shows Overdrilling a Burn Hole
Video #5: Flapper Valve-Tee Operation
Safe T Stopper Field Photos
Open Gut Homemade Tee Cap Operation
Seals Under Cap
Plug Stops Gas
Street Tee on a Coupling
Street tee on a Coupling
Clean and Attach Tool
Cut and Capped
Open Gut Homemade Tee with Cap Operation
(Platform Base used for Tees at 100 psi)