PLCS Sensor Bags continuously monitor pressure in the main during shutdown, without the need for an additional tap.
The bladder like the Flowstop Bag is held inside a synthetic fabric permitting mains entry through a significantly smaller tap hole than any competitive product.
- Gauges record the internal bag pressure and continuously record the upstream pressure in the main throughout a shutdown operation
- The bags are barrel shaped to increase load on the pipe wall to retain position and at the same time increase the surface seal area to minimize gas bypass
- Sensor Bags are clamped to a semi-rigid inflation core to control entry direction and prevent reversal in the main or bag loss during sudden deflation
- Standard sizes are available for all cast iron and steel mains from 2″-48″
- Special sizes for PE plastic pipe
- Rated at 1¼ psi for mains up to 12″
- Available with rigid inflation control tee and rubber entry stopper
In an “open-hole” Double Block and Bleed shutdown, Sensor Bags are recommended for use in pairs at each end of the shutdown. By using 2 Sensor Bags not only is the internal bag pressure recorded, but it is possible to confirm a zero pressure zone between the bags as well as separately monitor the upstream and downstream mains pressures.