Rapid, simple, and safe purge operation for decommissioned mains.
The unit uses the air supply from a compressor to create a powerful venturi effect to evacuate any gas from a main. Capable of purging very long grid sections of mains with multiple combinations of pipe diameters in a very short time without creating turbulence or without the need of introducing an inert gas.
- Typical ability to purge over 4000′ of 8″ diameter main in about 11 minutes.
- No need for expensive & slow moving inert gas.
- Use with existing air compressor.
- Isolate and vent section of main to be abandoned in line with operational procedures
- Fit Mini-Purge to main using ALH System-1 machine or other method.
- Provide adequate air inlet vent to other end of main
- Attach compressor to airline connector – valve closed
- Start compressor
- Open air inlet vent/s and open valve on compressor
- Open compressed air inlet valve on Mini Purge to introduce compressed air
- Purge until acceptable LEL level is reached at test point on ejector
- Stop operation and remove Mini Purge from main.
|2″ NPT||4.0′||15″||17.85 lbs||100 psi||3-12″ mains|