Rapid, simple, and safe purge operation for decommissioned mains without using an inert gas.
- Typical ability to purge over 4000′ of 8″ diameter main in about 11 minutes.
- No need for expensive & slow-moving inert gas.
- Use with an air compressor.
The unit uses the air supply from a compressor to create a powerful venturi effect to evacuate any gas from a main. Capable of purging very long grid sections of mains with multiple combinations of pipe diameters in a very short time without creating turbulence or without the need of introducing an inert gas.
Connections: 2″ NPT Height: 4.0′ Handle Width: 15″ Weight: 18 lbs Power: 100 psi
Part#46-500300kit – includes
Mini Purge with a Ground Connection
2 x 4’ x 2” Vent Stack Tubes
T-Handle Ground Stake with 10′ Bond Wire
Supplied in Custom Weatherproof Case
- Isolate and vent section of main to be abandoned in line with operational procedures.
- Fit Mini-Purge to main using the ALH System-1 machine or other methods.
- Provide adequate air inlet vent to other ends of main.
- Attach compressor to airline connector – valve closed.
- Start compressor.
- Open air inlet vent/s and open valve on the compressor.
- Open compressed air inlet valve on Mini Purge to introduce compressed air.
- Purge until acceptable LEL level is reached at test point on the ejector.
- Stop operation and remove Mini Purge from main.